Euthanasia & Aftercare
In Home Euthanasia
The decision to euthanize your pet is an extremely difficult and emotionally challenging one, yet it is a gift we can give to our furry family members that may have a terminal illness or a decreased quality of life due to age or disease. Many owners feel however, that visits to the veterinarian’s office cause anxiety and stress for their pets, and want their pets to be able to pass away at home. This is why we have created a service that allows you to have your family member humanely euthanized in your home where he or she is at peace and surrounded by family.
At Twilight Meadows, we offer hospice care and in home euthanasia with aftercare planning for your family member’s remains. We believe that your pet’s end of life care should be filled with compassion, peace, and love. Saying goodbye to your pet through their last journey is your only task, the rest we will handle for you.
- Phone Consultation – Complimentary: This is a free service to discuss your pet’s health. During this phone conversation we will discuss your pet’s condition, options for hospice care, making the decision to euthanize, and desired aftercare. At this time please let us know if your pet has anxiety or aggressive tendencies.
- In-Home Consultation for Hospice Care -$150: Includes a detailed and thorough exam and assessment of your pet, his or her condition and medical records when provided, living environment, and a full assessment of your pet’s quality of life. At this visit, you and the doctor will discuss and create a custom treatment plan to help you care for your pet and monitor their condition, with prompt follow-up for any questions after the visit.
- In-Home Euthanasia-$250: Includes a consultation by the veterinarian, medication to ensure comfort, peaceful euthanasia, memorial paw impression, and lock of fur.
- Natural Death Assistance- $50 transport fee: If your pet has passed away naturally, we can help with aftercare cremation arrangements. See below for cremation pricing.
- Additional Fees:
- For any service, $50-$100 may be added for late evening or weekend appointments when arranged. Please note that we DO NOT answer calls after hours, if your pet has an emergency or has taken a turn for the worse after business hours, please contact your nearest emergency clinic.
- There may be an additional charge for extended travel, pets over 99 lb, late night appointments (when arranged), aggressive pets, and some exotic species.
If you wish to have your beloved pet cremated, we will take them with us and arrange for cremation services. Please rest assured that your pet’s remains will be handled with loving care. We have partnered with both Agape Pet Services and Companah Aquamation Services, and are confident in their care of our deceased loved ones. If you would like to have your pet’s remains to be cremated there are 2 options
Communal Cremation: This is a service where your pet’s remains will be cremated with other pets, and the ashes will be spread together in a memorial garden.
- $100 for pets up to 49 pounds
- $150 for pets 50 to 99 pounds
- $200 for pets over 100 pounds
Private Cremation: This is a service where your pet will be cremated individually, and their cremains will be returned to you in a standard wooden urn. You also have the option of selecting a specialized urn and keepsakes (additional charges apply).
- $225 for pets up to 49 pounds
- $275 for pets 50 to 99 pounds
- $325 for pets over 100 pounds